Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease
Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease is the term used to cover common complaints of indigestion, heartburn or reflux. These common symptoms may affect up to 20% of the population at some stage and can oftens be managed by your GP. Symptoms are often worse in smokers and people who are overweight and therefore lifestyle measures can have a significant impact.
- New or worsening symptoms over the age of 50
- Severe symptoms resistant to treatment/lifestyle change
- Regurgitation or vomiting
- Difficulty swallowing
- A family history of oesophageal or stomach cancer
- Known Barrett’s oesophagus